*Too few men are praying

June 16, 2013


2 Thessalonians 2:8 I desire, then, that in every place the men should pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or argument.

“My beloved child, what a world it would be if men lifted up their hands in prayer each day! Too few men are praying—and here I am speaking about the men. They are too easily discouraged from prayer, too easily distracted from making time for it. Now you see that the result is argument, wars, skirmishes, and feuds, gang against gang. 

Those men who pray shine like polished diamonds in a coal bin. I am drawn to them and they quench my thirst to hear the voices of men at prayer. Let those men who will pray be a beacon in the darkness. I am calling the men today to take up the banner of prayer, to hold it high, to be an example in their families. 

I love you, my brothers, my sons. Live in me and you will be living soldiers of peace.”
Jesus, beloved, thank you for this call to the men. You and St. Joseph are our most holy examples of men at prayer. Let the spirit of holiness come upon all men and grant them grace upon grace to be soldiers of peace through prayer. We ask this in your most holy name. Amen.