*Costa Rican 'miracle' woman bringing a suitcase full of prayers


From CNA:

Floribeth Mora, the 50-year-old Costa Rican woman whose miraculous healing paved the way for the canonization of John Paul II, is taking to the Vatican a suitcase filled with handwritten letters for Pope Francis.

Mora was cured of a brain aneurysm in 2011 thanks to the intercession of the then-recently beatified John Paul II. The approval of this miracle allowed John Paul’s path to sainthood to move forward.

In statements to the newspaper “La Razon,” Mora said that she is preparing to travel to the Vatican to attend the canonization this Sunday and that “the most significant thing I am bringing is a suitcase with letters addressed to Pope Francis.”

“I know I am going to cry when I see him. He is a humble pope, and I want to tell him that if he has the chance to visit America, that he should go to Costa Rica,” she said.