*“The Way” showed me the way






SooGyoung Heo, Teresa

Seoul, Korea



I cannot remember if it was 7 or 8 years ago when I first read “The Way”, which was sent to me by the Catholic Digest, a Catholic monthly magazine edited by the same publishers that published “The Way” in Korean. I was captured by the book’s contents at once.



Notwithstanding the foreword of the author advising us to read one point each time in order to meditate upon it, I could not stop. Each and every word was showing me the way I am walking in right now, and precisely because of that, it made me realize what was the way to go. From time to time, there were passages that made me think: “Wow, this is too extreme, this is too much….how can anyone do like this …!, but it showed the way to go without hesitations and without making excuses. I could not keep such good messages and words only to myself.



So, I ordered 100 copies of the book and gave it to the people I met, especially the patients who came to my clinic. I also gave it to my sister, and when my nephew was going to be baptized, I suggested that his Christian name be: Josemaria Escriva. She agreed to the idea and this is how I could meet Josemaria from a very close distance. I have not yet met other Josemarias around, but I am always expecting it, since I have been giving prayercards of St. Josemaria when I invite people to become Catholic.



I ordered 100 copies of the book two or three times and gave them away, but it is infinitely insufficient. Last winter, I gave a copy of the book to a retired man who had frequented a Christian church for some time in the past, telling him to read not more than one point per day. On the following occasion we met, I asked him whether he had read the whole thing in a row (thinking that what happened to me might have happened to him, too). He replied that he was not able to read more than one point per day, because those words touched him deep inside his soul and made him stay long immersed in thought… He also added that he wanted to pay back what I had done at least a little, even if it was nothing compared to all that he had received. So, he bought 10 copies of “The Way”, sent to me so I can give away more copies of this book.



How happy I am that I could meet St. Josemaria who showed us the “way” of God firmly, with novelty as well as clarity, and that I could know and share the way to come closer to God… May God receive thanks, praise, glory and adoration through St. Josemaria Escriva, now and forever.