*On the 7th day of praying, my husband was called for an interview!

H. I. L., Macao September 25, 2013

My husband had been working in the Human Resources Department of an international resort hotel for a number of years, but in June 2009, his contract was not renewed and although he has good working experience, he got only two to three interview opportunities after sending out numerous application letters to other hotels and comparable organizations. After more than nine months, he was still unemployed and was starting to feel very depressed.

My husband was baptized Catholic when he was a baby but had not been practicing the Faith for a long time. In 2010, I saw him getting more disillusioned about not having a job as time passed. At that time, I came across the prayer card of St Josemaria, given to me by a long-time friend from Opus Dei. I remembered about St Josemaria again when she gave me an issue of Events. 


I was impressed with the section of “Favors granted through the intercession of St Josemaria” in that booklet, which made me think – Oh, the prayers do work. I saw the web link in the upper right corner: www.josemariaescriva.info. Through this link, I saw again the prayercard to St Josemaria in the website. I printed it out and started praying to St Josemaria, with the aim of doing it for 9 days. On the 7th day of praying, my husband was called for an interview!


So I encouraged my husband to start praying to St Josemaria. In a matter of a month or less, my husband got a contract from a newly opened resort hotel and worked there for about a year and almost right after that, he was employed by another company with greater responsibilities where he is still working until today. My husband also managed to obtain a graduate degree in Human Resource Management in between this period.


I mentioned this to my friend, and I asked for an actual prayercard, as I told her, I only had the print-out by then. We can only attribute all of these to the intercession of St Josemaria, whom I started to know more through the Events, and he indeed heeded our prayers and came to our aid. 
After that, both my husband and I regularly attend Sunday Mass. We also participated in the special liturgical ceremonies such as Lent and Easter. I am also receiving now catechism classes in a centre of Opus Dei.