*Our Lady Protects a Missionary


One day in 1944, a Carmelite missionary in the Holy Land was called to an internment camp in 
order to give the Last Rites. The Arab driver made the priest get off the bus four miles from the 
camp because the road was dangerously muddy. 

After two miles, the missionary found his feet sinking deeper and deeper into the mire. Trying to get solid footing he slipped into a muddy pool. 
Sinking to his death in this desolate place, he thought of Our Lady and Her 
Scapular. He kissed his great Scapular -- for he was wearing the full habit -- and looked 
toward the holy mountain of Carmel, the birthplace of devotion to God’s Mother. He cried out, 
“Holy Mother of Carmel! Help me! Save me!” A moment later, he found himself on solid ground. 

Later he said, “I know I was saved by the Blessed Virgin through Her Brown Scapular. My 
shoes were lost in the mud, and I was covered with it, but I walked the remaining two miles 
praising Mary.”