*True Stories: Our Blessed Lady keeps Her Promise


A priest relates how one day in a town near Chicago he was called to the bedside of a man 
who had been away form the Sacrament for many years. “The man did not want to see me: he 
would not talk. Then I asked him to look at the little Scapular I was holding. ‘Will you wear this if 
I put this on you?’ I ask nothing more. He agreed to wear it and within the hour he wanted to go 
to confession and make his peace with God. This did not surprise me, because for 700 years 
Our Lady has been working in this way through Her Scapular.”

On the very day Our Lady gave the Scapular to St. Simon, he was hurriedly called by Lord Peter of Linton: “Come quickly, Father, my brother is dying in despair!” St. Simon left at once for the bedside of the dying man. Upon arrival he placed his large Scapular over the dying man, asking Our Blessed Mother to keep Her promise. Immediately the man repented, and died in the grace and friendship of God. That night the dead man appeared to his brother and said, “I have been saved through the most powerful Queen and the Habit of that man as a shield.”

St. Alphonsus tell us: “Modern heretics make a mockery of wearing the Scapular, they decry it 
as so much trifling nonsense.” Yet many of the popes have approved and recommended it. It 
is remarkable that only 25 years after the Scapular vision, Blessed Pope Gregory X was buried 
wearing the Scapular, when his tomb was opened 600 years after his death, his Scapular was 
found intact. It can be seen, perfectly preserved in the Arezzo museum, in Italy.