Does the Bible forbid Dirty Jokes?

Question of the day 
     
Q.
qa-dirty-jokes-mini
Please guide me as to a scriptural basis for avoiding telling and encouraging dirty jokes. I believe I have seen references, many years ago, that led me to refrain from indulging in this practice. However, it has reared its ugly head again, in social gatherings. I need some guidance for myself and for friends who, like me, struggle on the way. 


Fr. Rocky: The biblical reference you’re thinking about is probably Ephesians 5:3-4: “Immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be mentioned among you, as is fitting among holy ones, no obscenity or silly or suggestive talk, which is out of place, but instead, thanksgiving.” 

Other relevant biblical texts would include Colossians 3:8. “But now you must put..away: anger, fury, malice, slander and obscene language out of your mouths.” And Philippians 4:8: “Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, and there is anything worthy of praise think about these things.”
All these passages from St. Paul clearly tell us to avoid what we would call “dirty jokes”, as well as crude language of any sort.
FR-ROCKY-SIGNATURE