Rosary Testimonials

Interestingly, my first experience of the power of the rosary began in the Summer of 2013, but I only just now realized it. Last summer, my husband and I were enduring very serious marital troubles, and ended up living on opposite coasts. While we were apart, I took to praying the rosary in its entirety each night before bed, I attended daily Mass, frequented Adoration, and also invoked St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Teresa of Avila, and St. Rita. I felt especially close to St. Therese because I asked her to send me magenta roses as a sign my marriage would not only heal, but would flourish. Three days after my request, I received the roses, and as they blossomed, their magenta hue grew more and more radiant. My husband gave me very little signs of reconciliation during this period, and largely did not speak to me at all. I was in the dark, clinging to the light of hope afforded by the Faith. 

Then, over two months into our separation, grace revealed its work very suddenly and powerfully. My husband communicated and stunned me with the news that he was getting out of his military contract early and had a job interview near me lined up. He was coming out for the interview in a matter of weeks and wanted me to pick him up from the airport. Long story short, we were reconciled, he got out of the military and got the new job, and moved back home. Since that time, we have been able to develop an authentic bond of trust, tested and proved by the hardship we endured. Admittedly, I did not associate this blessing with the rosary or Mary in particular. Certainly, I knew it was due to my prayers, which I happened to make through the rosary. 


But it is only just now--over a year after this grace in my life--that the power of the rosary and Mary's love is sinking in. Two months ago, I developed strange neurological symptoms that doctors have yet to figure out. The uncertainty has taken its toll, but this trial has already drew my husband and I even closer together and helped us really overcome any lingering doubt about each other. It has also pulled me to Mary in the most indescribable way. My husband and I are converts to Catholicism, and so while I intellectually appreciated Mary for her role in salvation, I nevertheless struggled to develop a personal relationship with her. Then, somehow, I came across the Our Lady Undoer of Knots Novena, which I began to pray four days ago. Since that time, Mary has totally captivated me. Her compassion, warmth, and power have all but overwhelmed me. I have been so taken with her that I have even felt somewhat alarmed at points--I went to Adoration the other day and could only think of her. Ultimately, I know the Holy Trinity is the source of Mary's glory, and this moves me to worship God all the more for the wonder of Her. But for now, I think the Lord is pleased that I am getting to know and experience His Mother. All of this to say, my current trial and experience of the Rosary has informed the power of the rosaries I prayed last year when my husband and I were apart. That Christ, Mary, and the saints got me through that trial and used it to grow me gives me confidence that this trial is also a temporary season meant to effect growth--which it already has. For now, I am praying the Undoer of Knots novena, and the 54-day Rosary novena, and am eagerly curious to see what comes of it. God has worked rather dramatic wonders in my life more than once, and with the rosary, I am confident there are more wonders to come.