While I was doing a hundred & one things I was thinking...


Jesús to Gabrielle Bossis

August 3, 1944 - Le Fresne church. Holy Hour.

While I was doing a hundred & one things I was thinking, 'But I must look after my Beloved.'

Jesus, "Your Beloved does so much for you. When you are absorbed in other things He is there. When you are putting forth great efforts because your faith is dim, He is there. When you no longer feel His presence, He is with you. And when you think you are deserted He is right in your very center, alive, watchful, loving. ...


Say to Him, 'I realize that I know nothing about You. But with faith & confidence I give myself lovingly & without reserve in life & death, for You are more & more present, more & more loving & more & more mine.'


 But above all, think this. Go deep into the meaning of those words by going deep into my wounds. Make this your permanent home, especially the wound in My heart. It will refuse you nothing. When people are under the same roof, don't they love to share everything? Live in My heart. Would you like to try, -since you are invited? 

What could hinder you? It isn't shyness, nor indifference? nor fear? Then it's just a question of making a first effort. But you know that I always help. Try. Once the threshold is crossed, you will notice that you are more at home than in your own home. you will know the sweetness of the secret life & of silent & heart-searching intimacies. 

What a joy for Me! Should I thank you now? Are you ready?"