Act toward Me as though I were shy (Jesus)




He & I Gabrielle Bossis, France
April 16, 1942

"Here's something for you to say: May my understanding have true faith, my memory true hope, and my will true love.

In the garden I said to Him, 'I'm weeding so that You may come and walk on the terrace.' And in the little narrow street - 'That's like your town, Nazareth.' And I felt Him beside me and remembered what He had said: "So little hinders you from seeing Me.

Jesus: "At-onement, do you understand what this means? This is life, all of it. Nothing else counts. Your Christ, the life of your soul, what a beautiful thought! Often My children are not aware of My action. But you, child, believe with all your heart. Offer yourself unceasingly to our oneness, and My action will be even greater. You too will often be unaware of it, but try to stay always closely united to Me in love. Even if this were your only way of praying, your life would show no ordinary mark but one that is altogether supernatural and precious in the Father's sight. Respond to My tender care for you by your own tender thoughts and gestures.

Act toward Me as though I were shy; you take the first step. Try. How often I wait for My children and they don't come. You remember that time when you got everything ready to receive someone you loved and that person said, 'Oh, I forgot.' You felt so hurt. But what are your human loves compared with Mine?
Yes, ask My pardon for the meetings you have missed. My compassion will make Me fort. My darling child, I am always ready to forgive, to press you against My heart so that you'll find courage there. Even when you are doing the most ordinary little things, be one with Me. There is never a single moment when you cease to be My little girl.

Today, this week, this month - they are filled with My love just like the other months and years. I'm loving you even when you are not thinking of loving Me, and I'm preparing blessings you never think to ask for. A look, a gesture for Me, and I give you everything, little child of My heart."