Stoking the Flame of Love…




Blessings all. Every day there seems to be a whole new batch of people to pray for, more souls to put on the list. I know I’m not the only one who is feeling this way. Yesterday I had a beautiful experience.

For a long time now, every time someone has asked for prayers, I have immediately placed them in the Flame of Love of our Immaculate Mother. Long ago I made our Mother the administrator of my prayers. Mostly, I spend my daily prayers for the salvation of souls, placing all my needs as well as all those God has given me to pray for in the Flame of Love. What may seem overwhelming, the sheer volume of prayer needs, our Mother makes not just possible, but easy.
Yesterday I was placing people and prayer needs into Her Flame of Love, and I had a beautiful impression that, not only was the Flame undiminished by the large number of requests, but in fact, I was feeding the Flame of Love with each one. I thought of a steam engine, with me shovelling coal into the fire that grew hotter and brighter with each shovelful.
I found this very comforting. Jesus once said to Elizabeth, “If you do not come to Me, how then can I bestow My graces upon you? The fullness of grace is stored in my heart. My heart is an unending source of love.” Jesus wants us to give him our needs, especially souls. Our Mother too thirsts for them. When we give souls to Jesus through the Flame of Love, that furnace of love grows and grows, until the day when it is brought to fruition. We hasten that day with our prayers.
So, let us not be intimidated by the ever-increasing number of prayer needs, but let us continually stoke the Flame of Love by giving them all to Mary, linking our daily duty and our sacrifices to our prayers in the Divine Will for the glory of God.
The Pelianito Journal Blog