My arms are full of treasures that no one wants

The Pelianito Journal Blog. May 20th, 2017

Nehemiah 13:17-18 Then I remonstrated with the nobles of Judah and said to them, ‘What is this evil thing that you are doing, profaning the sabbath day? Did not your ancestors act in this way, and did not our God bring all this disaster on us and on this city? Yet you bring more wrath on Israel by profaning the sabbath.’
“My child, what am I to do with this generation? How few, even those who bear my name, keep the sabbath holy, doing only that work which is necessary, and spending the day at rest or in holy pursuits, or even remembering me when they gather with family. Am I not the head of all Christian families, indeed of all families? Then why am I not the guest of honour where my children gather?

Oh, how I am scourged anew by so many slights! Do they not see that in rejecting me and neglecting me, they reject the blessings I so long to give them? My arms are full of treasures that no one wants. All they need do is invite me into their homes and make me their guest of honour, and I will shower them with blessings and graces in abundance. Keep holy the sabbath day in this way, and you will be abundantly blessed in the rest of the week. Cry out Abba! and I will be there.”
O my beloved Abba, forgive me for all the times I have neglected to consciously include you in my family gatherings, especially on the sabbath. I offer you the perfect attention of the Holy Family in reparation for these appalling slights of mine. In the Divine Will, apply their attentions to my poor efforts, in order to give you the glory and honour you deserve as Father of all, our loving Abba. Abba, I love you! Draw me near, and all those who are with me. Let us rest together in love this sabbath day and all sabbaths. Amen.