Self-declared critic of Catholic Church gets post at Santa Clara


Comedian W. Kamau Bell named Frank Sinatra Chair, once said: "You’re not going to find a bigger critic of the Catholic Church than me" 

Bell is a self-declared critic of the Church, as well as a supporter of same-sex marriage and abortion.About the Catholic Church, Bell said, “You’re not going to find a bigger critic of the Catholic Church than me. You can find a bigger one, but I certainly feel like I have no room for that. My wife is Catholic, we got married in a Catholic church, and I think that’s how you become a critic, because you see it up close.”
Dennis Gordon, professor of political science and director of the Center for the Arts and Humanities at SCU said, “As students struggle with their own identities and to understand why our nation is divided along so many lines, [Bell] offers a greater understanding of the dangers that racism, sexism, homophobia, income inequality, and the dumbing-down of our political discourse present.”
From Cardinal Newman Society.