Duterte Calls Bishops "Useless Fools", Suggests Killing Them



In a December 5 speech at the presidential palace, Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte slammed his country's bishops as “useless fools”.

He even called on the audience to “kill them” because “all they do is criticise”, Duterte said according to "Manila Bulletin".
He then branded the Church as “the most hypocritical institution” and said that his God was different from the one Catholics believed in.

“I never said I do not believe in God. What I said is your God is stupid, mine has a lot of common sense. That’s what I told the bishops. I never said I was an atheist”.

In summer Duterte referred to God as “stupid” and a “son of a b*tch”, suggesting that if there’s “one single witness” who can prove God’s existence by showing him a selfie together, he’d immediately step down from office.

The leader of the Filipino Church is pro-gay Cardinal Luis Tagle.


en.news