You are destined for great holiness

September 2, 2003 Jesus:


My children, these words are lessons in love. I seek to teach you that love is sacrifice. The two words, love and sacrifice, are nearly interchangeable from the heavenly perspective. If you love someone, you are willing to sacrifice for their well- being. In earthly terms, if you value or love a thing, you are willing to work, save, and plan to acquire that thing. If you place that same concept into heavenly terms, you can take a virtue, such as the virtue of obedience. 

If obedience is a valuable thing to you, a desired thing, you will work, sacrifice, and be patient until you can acquire this virtue. It is the very same with all of the heavenly virtues. I want you to value and put great emphasis on these heavenly virtues. I, your Jesus, am saying to you, truly, you will need to have these things to acquire heaven. You believe Me, and know that I speak only the truth. So you must begin to concentrate on the acquisition of these virtues. You must sacrifice to achieve these virtues. You are practicing and these virtues are becoming more second nature. You see them in your daily lives and your behaviors are changing. 

We are working on patience. We are working on trust. We work on fortitude. You are becoming kinder and more compassionate. My children, all is going as it should be. I tell you that you are destined for great holiness and you will achieve this holiness if you remain united to Me. And you will do so because I will protect you.

Children, do not seek to further or advance the opinion others have of you. It is irrelevant. Please spend no time at all wondering or worrying about this. Worldly opinions change with the wind and a person could think well of you one day and slander you the next. You must not rely on these opinions for your peace because, as you have learned, you will be disappointed. Instead, rely on Me, who does not change. My opinion of you remains steady. I will always love you. I will always seek your betterment and well-being. I will always help you and consider your interests My own. So spend no time entertaining grief that the world does not appreciate you. You will be appreciated in heaven, and indeed this is already the case. Heaven is pleased with holy souls and seeks to assist them. 

Your heavenly friends will do more good for you than worldly friends who are not rooted in God. Be at peace, dear ones, as I will warn you when another seeks to harm you. I will protect you. Be assured that if you follow Me, all that occurs in your life will be for the advancement of your soul and the virtues I wish your soul to house. If you are ill, particularly, spend your days with Me and I can show you heights of holiness that will leave you breathless. I work with great energy in the soul of someone who suffers physically. Trust Me, please, with everything, for I am caring for you lovingly.


Direction for Our Times