Financially Cursed



A man's cry for help to us caught my eye.  He said:  

"I own my own business. Large amounts of money come through but I can never keep any of it. If it looks like I will have a little profit from a job, something unexpected will ALWAYS pop up and take it, like a vehicle breaking down, even though there was absolutely nothing wrong with it before. Recently a customer wanted to pay their final payment with a credit card. I have three

different credit card systems, each under different companies, but the day I went to collect the payment none of them would work...."


These were just a few of his examples.  He had many more!

A young family came to me with a similar story.  The father had a good job with the government and was a fiscally responsible adult.  But the family was constantly broke due to a bizarre, never-ending series of financial setbacks.  It was more than a case of bad luck.  Like the businessman, he felt like he was cursed.

One person beset with such inexplicable financial setbacks started to find small change around his house (dimes and pennies) and sometimes in his pocket with no awareness of how they got there.  The man said, "About once a week I find a dime in my left pocket.  We have been struggling financially.  Barely making enough to eat."  It felt like demons were taunting him.  

Some people are not good with money and overspend.  They might benefit from help in financial management.  But I am running into more and more cases of what appears to be a financial curse.  The first step in overcoming a financial curse is, of course, to live in a state of grace.  For Catholics, this includes frequent confession, Mass and Eucharist plus avoiding serious sin. 

Second, one needs to close any possible portals to the demonic.  In one case, a financially cursed individual had a strong family history of freemasonry.  It is not surprising that someone's involvement in freemasonry would lead to financial curses, since many join in hopes of financial gain and social success.  The afflicted individual was led through the ritual of renouncing freemasonic curses.  

Another couple with financial problems had been cursed by an angry grandparent who did not approve of their marriage.  She went to a witch to invoke her black magic and cursed them saying, "You will have nothing." The antidote for them included breaking any unholy connection with the grandparent, the witch, and lifting all the curses.  

Because these curses came through the evil and sins of someone in one's blood line, they can take time to expunge.  Consistent prayer, deliverance, holy living and trusting in Jesus are necessary.  It is not always "one and done."  Ultimately, liberation is in the Lord's time, and there may an extended period of financial distress.  When we trust in the Lord during times of trial, there is much purification and sanctification that occurs.

A powerful help to the process of liberation is consecrating one's life and goods to the Blessed Virgin Mary.  This can be done in the St. Louis de Montfort consecration or in the following prayer which is the de Montfort consecration edited specifically for financial curses:


A Prayer Against Financial Curses

   and Consecration to the BVirginMary


I invoke my natural law rights over my own property and finances. I lift any curses sent against me or my property or finances.  I reject any sins that may have led to these curses coming against me and ask for God's forgiveness.  I break any unholy bonds that allowed such curses to come upon me.  I command the demons related to these curses to leave permanently and not be replaced by any other evil spirits.  I ask the Blessed Virgin Mary to receive now the entire and full right of disposing of these goods according to God's holy will. May she cast out any and all evil spirits, sanctify them, protect them from any future evil action, and use them for the glory of God.  

I, N_____, a faithless sinner, renew and ratify today the vows of my Baptism; I renounce forever Satan, his pomps and works; and I give myself entirely to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, to carry my cross after Him all the days of my life, and to be more faithful to Him than I have ever been before. In the presence of all the heavenly court I choose you, the Mother of God, this day for my Mother and Mistress. I deliver and consecrate to you, as your servant, my body and soul, my goods, both interior and exterior, and even the value of all my good actions, past, present and future; leaving to you the entire and full right of disposing of me, and all that belongs to me, without exception, according to your good pleasure, for the greater glory of God in time and in eternity.  

Receive, O Blessed Virgin, this little offering of my servitude, in honor of and in union with, that subjection which the Eternal Wisdom deigned to have to your maternity; in homage to the power which both of you have over this poor sinner, and in thanksgiving for the privileges with which the Holy Trinity has favored you. I declare that I wish henceforth, as your true servant, to seek your honor and to obey you in all things. O admirable Mother, present me to your dear Son as His eternal servant, so that as He has redeemed me by you, by you He may receive me! O Mother of mercy, grant me the grace to obtain the true Wisdom of God; and for that end receive me among those whom you love and teach, whom you lead, nourish and protect as your children.  O faithful Virgin, make me in all things so perfect a disciple, imitator and servant of the Incarnate Wisdom, Jesus Christ your Son, that I may attain, by your intercession and by your example, to the fullness of spiritual maturity in Jesus on earth and of His glory in Heaven. Amen.


https://www.catholicexorcism.org/