“O God, Why by sin art offended and by penance appeased, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy suppliant people: and turn aside the scourges of Thine anger, which we deserve for our sins.” (Thursday after Ash Wednesday, Collect)
“May our fasts be acceptable to Thee, O Lord, we beseech Thee: and by expiating our sins, may they render us worthy of Thy grace, and lead us to eternal Remedies.” (Tuesday in Passion Week, Collect)
Every Lent, Holy Mother Church guides Catholics to make special efforts in the perpetual war against sin. Each day, the Propers of the Tridentine Mass encourage us to accept God’s grace to turn away from sin and cultivate a life of virtue. The Epistle for Friday in the Ember Week of Lent reminds us of the Old Testament words of Ezechiel, which apply to all souls:
“Thus saith the Lord God: The soul that sinneth, the same shall die: the son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, and the father shall not bear the iniquity of the son: the justice of the just shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. But if the wicked do penance for all his sins which he hath committed and keep my commandments, and do judgment and justice, living he shall live, and shall not die.” (Ezechiel 18:20-21)
Through the Church, God gives us the graces we need to do penance for our sins and keep His commandments so that we can save our souls. Those who realize this — which should include every Catholic who has the use of reason — should want to lead all people to the Catholic Church. A Catholic who does not want to bring others to the Church either does not understand the Faith or hates his neighbor.
Like so many of the Church’s fiercest enemies, Francis and his unholy cohort apparently despise the true Catholic Faith because of its war on sin.
Historically, the worst enemies of the Church have generally been those who despise the Church’s attempts to help souls wage war against sin. Satan naturally takes the first place in this opposition to the Church, but he has inspired countless others to avoid or abandon the Catholic Faith by spreading the lie that God cannot possibly send souls to hell for sin, despite the clear teaching of both the Old Testament and New Testament.
Today, the worst enemies of the Church occupy Rome. Like so many of the Church’s fiercest enemies, Francis and his unholy cohort apparently despise the true Catholic Faith because of its war on sin. Fr. Gerald Murray’s recent article in The Catholic Thing highlighted one aspect, among many, of Francis’s war on behalf of sin:
“Pope Francis wants priests in the confessional to follow his example when they are faced with an unrepentant sinner. In such a scenario, Confession is turned into a meaningless charade. An obstinate sinner should never be given absolution for an offense for which he is not repentant. His refusal to abjure his sins renders him incapable of receiving God’s sacramental pardon.
What is the logic of absolving someone who clings to his sins? The unholy farce of attempting to absolve an unrepentant sinner who intends to keep sinning is a grave violation of the priest’s duty to guide the faithful in Christ’s path of virtue and grace, not the destructive path of sin and spiritual death. Yet that is what Pope Francis told priests they should do.”
Who is harmed by this? In the first instance, we can see that this is a great offense against God: it makes a mockery of the teaching He entrusted to the Church and leads souls to remain obstinately in sin. Then of course it harms the soul of the penitent who makes a bad Confession. In addition, the example set by Francis and those priests who would follow this practice constitutes a grave scandal, making it seem as though the Church has abandoned its immutable teaching. Finally, the resulting increase in sin yields evils that ultimately harm the entire world.
Beyond this, though, those who honestly consider Francis’s occupation of the papacy understand that almost all of his acts and omissions have contributed to the war on behalf ofsin. Among the most powerful onslaughts on virtue, we can number the following:
- Amoris Laetitia and Desiderio Desideravi, which provide the anti-Catholic “theology” to allow Communion to unrepentant sinners.
- Expanded promotion of false ecumenism which, by teaching that all religions are acceptable, necessarily signals that the Church’s teachings on sin and the need for penance are not essential to please God.
- Related to false ecumenism, Francis’s repeated attacks on proselytismblasphemously teach the world that the Church’s truth and Sacraments are not important, thereby undermining the Catholic teaching on sin, sanctifying grace, and the Sacrament of Penance.
- Advocacy for LGTBQ initiatives provides an unmistakable message that “sins crying to Heaven for vengeance” are not actually worth overcoming.
- Attacks on the Tridentine Mass attempt to starve the Mystical Body of Christ of those graces necessary to overcome sin, and force Catholics to attend the Novus Ordo Missae which, in comparison to the Tridentine Mass, deemphasizes the evil of sin and the corresponding need for repentance.
- Attacks on Traditional Catholics for being “rigid” and “backward” emphasize the point that Francis’s faux-Catholicism rejects the teachings we hear at the Tridentine Mass each day of Lent.
- The unholy Synod on Synodality, which blasphemously welcomes not only sinners but their sins into the Church, and seeks to evict those who oppose those efforts.
- Partnership with the Great Reset architects on various anti-Catholic initiatives, all of which tend to downplay the evil of sin and instead focus mankind on eradicating behaviors that are not sinful.
For these reasons, among many others, no cleric can defend Francis in good conscience — the man is the most powerful human fighter for the promotion of sin; only Satan and his demons do more to promote sin.
This reflection alone should suffice to make it abundantly clear that no Traditional Catholic can in any way justify deviating from the traditional beliefs and practices of the Church in order to render false obedience to Francis. God has given us too many signs for us to be able to hide behind false obedience. At this stage of the war over sin, we either fight for God, for the good of our souls, and for the Mystical Body of Christ; or we fight for Francis, for the globalists, and for Satan. How we have arrived at this point is a great mystery, but our inability to fully appreciate God’s loving Providence is no excuse for failing to be on the right side of this war.
We have serious work to do this Lent, because it looks as though we may be entering a critical phase of the war over sin. We know that Christ overcame Satan and sin on the Cross, but it is our task to participate in that victory by waging war on sin throughout our lives. This is what the Church teaches us, especially during Lent. Anyone who reflects seriously on what the globalists have planned for us between now and Lent 2024 should realize that now is the time to fight like saints.
Francis, the globalists, and Satan are running out of time, which is why they are attacking Traditional Catholicism with such fury. We should see that as a sign that we must fight harder than ever against sin, making every use of the abundant graces God gives us through His Church this Lent. Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us!