*The story of the priest and the woman



Maria Simma tells us the following story:


"A very important thing is to accept before you die all the suffering that God has sent us.

I know of a woman and a priest who were in the same hospital with tuberculosis. The woman said to the priest, "I have asked the Lord to give me the opportunity to do my purgatory here while I am still alive." 


To this the priest replied: "I dare not ask for that."  and right at this moment there was a nun who had been there listening to this conversation. 


When they both had died from tuberculosis, the priest appeared to the nun in a vision and told her that the woman had gone directly to heaven, while he had to spend a lot more time in purgatory for not accepting his suffering and offering it to God in reparation for his sins. Here God gives us the importance of the value of our sufferings are offered with love. 

The sufferings of the earth are worth far more in reparation for our sins compared to the sufferings of purgatory.

For this reason, a major illness before dying can in reality be a great blessing and grace of God.

The story of the priest and the woman
Maria Simma tells us the following story:
"A very important thing is to accept before you die all the suffering that God has sent us. 
I know of a woman and a priest who were in the same hospital with tuberculosis. The woman said to the priest, "I have asked the Lord to give me the opportunity to do my purgatory here while I am still alive." 
To this the priest replied: "I dare not ask for that."  and right at this moment there was a nun who had been there listening to this conversation. 
When they both had died from tuberculosis, the priest appeared to the nun in a vision and told her that the woman had gone directly to heaven, while he had to spend a lot more time in purgatory for not accepting his suffering and offering it to God in reparation for his sins. Here God gives us the importance of the value of our sufferings are offered with love. The sufferings of the earth are worth far more in reparation for our sins compared to the sufferings of purgatory. For this reason, a major illness before dying can in reality be a great blessing and grace of God.
- See more at: http://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2013/10/maria-simma-visits-from-souls-in.html#sthash.ShwiPg1N.dpuf