The power of St. Michael's stone


St Michael Cave Image


BY 


In 490 AD, through a series of miraculous events, St. Michael the Archangel indicated that he had chosen a cave in Gargano, Italy, to be a shrine in his honor.  He appeared to the local bishop, and he explained how unique and special this cave was to him,
“I am the Archangel Michael, and am always in the presence of the Lord.  This cave is sacred to me, I have chosen it; I myself am its watchful custodian…”
While most Catholic churches are consecrated and made holy by the local bishop using sacred chrism oil and blessing prayers, the cave needed no such consecration for as St Michael told the bishop,
“It is not necessary that you dedicate this church that I myself have consecrated with my presence.”
St. Michael the Archangel appeared again on September 25, 1656, during the famous plague, and he said to the bishop,
“I am the Archangel St. Michael. Anyone who uses the stones of this grotto will be liberated…”
Everyone who carried a relic stone from the cave on their person with faith was miraculously delivered from the plague.
However, even before the last apparition, the cave was considered by pilgrims for centuries as one of the four major places of pilgrimage in all of Europe and even seven popes have visited.   St. Francis of Assisi would do a St. Michael’s Lent (40 Days) from Solemnity of the Assumption on August 15th to the Feast of the Archangels on September 29th, and on one occasion during this lent, he came on pilgrimage and prayed for 30 days and nights outside the cave.  In the end, he didn’t feel worthy to enter the cave so he knelt down, kissed a stone outside the cave and carved a T (Tau–Ez. 9:4) upon it.
Over the centuries exorcists have used the St. Michael relic stones from the cave to liberate the demonically possessed and those who need deliverance because they are obsessed (mental) or oppressed (bodily exterior).  St. Padre Pio would often send persons needing deliverance to the cave of St. Michael, and they would be liberated.
Fr. Chad Ripperger, an exorcist, explains in a YouTube video how successfully he has used these St. Michael relic stones in liberating the demonically possessed,
(Audio) “The cave has these little stones…I have had phenomenal success!  One woman was possessed, and it took only took three times to liberate her …Afterwards, she didn’t have any problems and that was the first time I had ever used one.  Since then I have used it (St. Michael relic stone) all the time.”
Catholic author, Michael Brown, witnessed a deliverance of a demonic possession at the cave, “When I visited the cave in 1990, a man sitting before the statue of Michael was going through a spontaneous deliverance as a demon that had obviously inhabited him screeched and yelled as the Holy Spirit sought to cast it out.”http://www.spiritdaily.org/michaelcave.htm
The Catechism of the Catholic Church says, “From the Paschal Mystery…sacramentals draw their power.” (#1670)  Fr. Chad Ripperger recommends that we carry a St. Michael relic stone on ourselves as a sacramental for the intercession, deliverance, and protection of the mighty archangel.  Fr. Gabriel Amorth, (Vatican’s exorcist) also says, “The relics of saints who are our particular patrons are also efficacious…”(An Exorcist Tells His Story)

St Michael reliquary
I myself, have experienced St. Michael’s great intervention when a friend felt inspired to get me a relic stone this past spring.  Every day I kiss the relic because it is so, so precious to me since St. Michael and I go back long ways to my law enforcement years.
I am now doing the St. Michael’s Lent, and fasting from constantly looking at my cell phone for texts and emails after work.  Needless to say it has been a challenge, but I am confident that by September 29th…I will receive the grace I am asking for through St. Michael’s intercession.  
***************************************** 

Certificate of Relic Authenticity
To obtain a St. Michael relic stone, Fr. Chad Ripperger, FSSP, recommends we donate $50.00 (about 42 Euros) via paypal, to cover international shipping costs and the expense of the reliquary (metal container holding the St. Michael relic stone, also called a “theca”).
Simply add the number of St. Michael relic stones requested and the shipping address (if different from your paypal shipping address) in the “Add a Note” section: https://www.paypal.me/santuariosanmichel
To learn more about the Basilica Sanctuary of St. Michael in Gargano, Italy, and the Fathers of the Congregation of Saint Michael Archangel, visit http://www.santuariosanmichele.it/?lang=en.