The truth about electric cars


 The Truth About Electric Cars. Each Individual Charging Station Is Using The Equivalent Power Of 280 Homes Every Hour 🚨

If All Chargers At One Station Are Being Used, The Power Being Used Is Equivalent Is 1,080 Homes Every Hour

“I think I'm just doing a quick little video here just to give people an idea of how much energy it takes to charge an electric vehicle. I'm at Electrify America. This is a 350 kilowatt station. I'm consuming roughly 137 kilowatts. It'll fluctuate. Sometimes I can go up to the full 350. But to put this into perspective, an average home consumes 1.25 kilowatts per hour. 135 kilowatts per hour. It's like the equivalent of 106 homes on the grid, just this one station. Now, if I was gonna get the full 350 kilowatts like these can supply, that would be the equivalent of 280 homes. 

Now think about all six chargers running at full capacity. That's like 1,080 homes on the grid. 

They got to figure something out because to have every car in America on the grid, it's going to be... I don't even know what those numbers would be. Well, just food for thought. And I thought I'd talk about it while I'm sitting here charging, waiting. It's another thing. Got to wait here for 30 minutes.


Half of these chargers are broken. Or I think they're throttling them down because of the grid can't even handle it. 


https://twitter.com/WallStreetApes