Jesus tells how the love of neighbor must be



November 8, 1903 – Jesus tells how the love of neighbor must be.

As I was in my usual state, I was praying for certain needs of others, and blessed Jesus, moving in my interior, told me:

“For what purpose are you praying for these people?” 

And I: ‘Lord, and You, for what purpose did You love us?’ 

And He: “I love you because you are my own thing, and when an object is one’s own, one feels compelled to love it – it is like a necessity.” 

And I: ‘Lord, I am praying for these people because they are your own thing, otherwise I would not have interested myself.’ 

And He, placing His hand on my forehead, almost pressing it, added: “Ah, it is because they are my own thing! This is how the love of neighbor is all right.”


Book of Heaven, by the Little Daughter of the Divine Will, Luisa Piccarreta

Volume 6