Viganò Rejects Defense Against Schism Accusation



Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò did not respond to the summons to the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith. He will not face the trial on suspicion of schism, he said in a statement published on Saturday on ExurgeDomine.it.

Reports that Archbishop Viganò presented himself at the Vatican for the beginning of his trial on June 20 were "completely false".

This fake news was briefly spread by the pro-homosexual Jesuits’ AmericaMagazine.org but it corrected itself.

Viganò: "I therefore wish to make it clear that I did not go to the Vatican [June 20], and that I have no intention of going to the Holy Office on June 28, and that I have not delivered any statement or document in my defense to the Dicastery, whose authority I do not recognize, nor do I recognize the authority of its Prefect, nor do I recognize the authority of the one who appointed him."

And, "I have no intention of submitting myself to a show trial in which those who are supposed to judge me impartially in order to defend Catholic orthodoxy are at the same time those whom I accuse of heresy, treason, and abuse of power."

In his statement Viganò repeats his believe: "Bergoglio’s ‘church’ is not the Catholic Church, but rather that ‘conciliar church’ born from Vatican Council II and recently rebranded with the no less heretical name of ‘synodal church.’ If it is from this ‘church’ that I am declared to be separated by schism, it will be for me a cause for honor and pride."

Since Viganò is not acting himself, the dicastery will appoint a public defender for him.

#newsWaphbnobzh