Since Jesus is the Word, everything in Him speaks lovingly to creatures

 


 

(1) Because of the continuous privations of my sweet Jesus, I live dying. This morning I found myself completely in Jesus, as if swimming in the immensity of my Highest Good. Then I looked within myself and saw Jesus in me, and I felt that the entire Being of Jesus spoke: His feet, His hands, His heart, His mouth—in short, everything was voices. Not only this, but the wonder was that these voices became immense; they multiplied for each creature: Jesus’s feet spoke to the feet and to every step of the creature, His hands to their works, His eyes to their glances, His thoughts to every thought. What harmonies between Creator and creature! What an enchanting sight! What love! But, alas, all these harmonies were shattered by ingratitude and sins; love was repaid with offenses. And Jesus, deeply afflicted, said to me: 

 

(2) “My daughter, I am the Word, that is, the Word spoken, and such is my love for the creature that I multiply Myself into as many voices as there are acts, thoughts, affections, desires, etc., made by each creature, so as to receive from them the correspondence of their acts done out of love for Me. I give love and I desire love, but I receive offenses; I give life, and if they could, they would bring Me death. Yet despite everything, I continue my loving office. 

 

(3) Now, you must know that whoever lives united with Me and in my Will, that soul too, swimming in my immensity, becomes all voice together with Me. Thus, if she walks, her feet speak to the sinner; her thoughts are voices to minds, and so with everything else. It is only in these souls that I find a recompense for the work of Creation; and seeing that on their own they can do nothing to correspond to my Love and maintain the harmonies between Me and them, they enter into my Will and make themselves its owners, acting in a Divine way. My Love then finds its outlet, and I love them more than all other creatures.”