Message of July 1, 1989, First Saturday of the Month. Prado Nuevo (El Escorial)**
**The Virgin:**
Today, my children, I come with a great mantle, as wide as the whole world, to protect all the souls who come to this place. The souls who come to this place will receive special graces, my children. Fight against the enemy; the enemy wants to kill your soul, my children, to remove you from the path of Jesus.
**The Lord:**
I am the Word, my children; I have told you many times that I prefer deeds over words. True Christians, my children, are known by their love for their neighbor. My word is: "I was hungry and you gave me food, thirsty and you gave me drink, naked and you clothed me, a stranger and you welcomed me into your home, in prison and you visited me, sad and you comforted me." For whatever you do for any human being through these works, my children, you will receive special graces for your soul.
Love is life, my children; he who does not love is dead. I like, my children, active love, not love by omission; and I detest all those whose hearts are attached to the riches of the world. I do not detest riches or the rich, but those who set their hearts upon them. And I love, my children, and reward all those souls who set their hearts on charity and love. My children, practice charity with all human beings. Many of you say that you do no harm to men, but neither do you do good, and woe to those who do not do good to souls! I will place them at my left hand and send them into the eternal fire.
**The Virgin:**
Kiss the ground, my daughter, for so many, many sins as are committed in the world...
Love the Church, my children, love the Pope (JPII); he intercedes every day for humanity. The Church, my children, part of it is fallen; only through sacrifice and prayer can it be raised up.
Rejoice, those of you who love, my children, who practice charity, because the Holy Spirit will make His abode in your soul and will invite you to practice self-denial, to do good in the world, and for charity to multiply in your heart.
Detach yourselves from material things, my children. Many souls who are in the world and hidden from the world say that they seek the Kingdom of God, my children, and yet devote most of their lives to seeking material goods, caring only about gain, forgetting Christ more than the world. Concern yourselves, my children, with the only true good, which is Christ.
**The Lord:**
I am strength, my children; come to me, all you who are burdened and overwhelmed, and I will guide you and strengthen you. Love one another; that is the new commandment, my children.
**The Virgin:**
Look, my children, today I promise to protect you all with my mantle.
**The Lord:**
And I promise you that the ray coming forth from my Heart will penetrate your heart, my children. I promise you this as the Son of the living God.
**The Virgin:**
Do not cease to pray, my children; the enemy is lying in wait for your souls. Pray the Holy Rosary with great devotion, my children. The devil hates this prayer.
**The Lord:**
I promise to all those who have come to this place, at the moment of their agony, to manifest myself with all the angels of Heaven, saints, and blessed ones.
I repeat to you: practice the commandment of love. Everyone who does not love is dead, or loves with a distorted love. Love must come from the side of Christ, so that it may be a true, clean, and pure love.
My daughter, only from the crucifixion can one go to Christ; only, my daughter, from the Garden of Gethsemane, from Golgotha, can it be the straight and sure path. Without suffering, my daughter, there is no love. That is why men do not love, because they reject so great a grace as that of suffering.
Look, my daughter, at the blessed ones who have suffered—what glory they have attained!... Suffering, slander, persecution, hatred, and detachment are worth it, my daughter, to attain so great a treasure.
I want you, my children, to be poor, humble, and self-sacrificing. Do not be attached to material goods.
And you, my daughter, be humble, very humble. Love our Hearts deeply. Only love purifies, my daughter.
**The Virgin:**
Kiss the ground again, my daughter, in reparation for so many, many sins as are committed against my Immaculate Heart...
Raise all the objects; all will be blessed with special blessings, my children...
I bless you, my children, as the Father blesses you through the Son and with the Holy Spirit.
Goodbye, my children. Goodbye.
