*Jesus speaks about Divorce & Annulments



Jesus said: “My people, the people of My time questioned Me if it was legal to divorce their wives. I explained to them that a marriage between a man and a woman was meant to be a life long commitment to each other, as I joined Adam and Eve. They quoted Moses who gave them the authority to divorce their wives.


Only in situations where the marriage is not lawful because of a precondition, could there be a divorce. In certain circumstances where one spouse is overly abusive, or an addict to alcohol or drugs, it would be hard to tolerate such a life. This could be considered an impediment in a marriage. Each spouse may have some imperfections, but spouses should work to compromise any differences, so the marriage could be preserved. 

Some people are too quick to want a divorce without giving the marriage a chance to work. My Church does accept annulments, but they are at times given too freely. It is better to be married in the Church as a sacrament, instead of living together in fornication. My people need to imitate My love in their marriages, and they should not just seek their own way. Marriage is a commitment to give your life as a gift to your spouse with Me in the middle. By focusing more on love between the spouses, you can overlook any petty differences.”

Jesus to John Leary
August 16, 2013: (St. Stephen of Hungary)