*"Persicution"




Last night I woke up from a horrible dream. Normally I would not think anything of it beyond just a bad dream, but this time was different. I usually don’t dream of things so realistic nor do I dream about the future. My dreams are usually shattered fragments, like movie scripts without a story line. But last night was different. It was so real, so foreboding, that I felt I needed to share it with my readers… just in case.

I found myself walking with my wife in a suburb area. It was a beautiful day, yet a commotion was occurring ahead of us. We took notice to a police line ahead, facing away from us. As we walked past them, we realized that there was a protest occurring. Peaceful, but a protest none the less. I noticed that at the head of the officials was a woman in a position of authority. She was using a bull-horn to speak over the crowds. She was demanding that it was no longer lawful to speak about God or faith, and that the crowds needed to disperse. I had a sense that this was now the law of the land, and that law enforcement was carrying out orders to enforce the law.

I instantly felt outraged that anyone would make such a demand, and so my wife and I walked into the protesting crowds and stood behind a wheel-chair bound man that I took to be a veteran. I raised my voice in protest along with the others insisting that no law can be made that can trump our 1st amendment right to freedom of speech here in the US. But try as we may, we just could not get our point heard. Our voices were continuously drowned out, and the law enforcement would not stop their demands long enough to allow us to be heard.
Shortly afterwards, I found that we had been peacefully corralled into a building. I had a sense that we were expecting to be able to speak to an official and have our voices heard, but that was not to be.


Evening set in and a storm rolled in. I remember hearing lightning outside, and I instantly felt a sense of danger, of foreboding, as if we had suddenly become trapped here like prisoners. I walked with my wife to a bathroom and, closing the door, we opened a window. About a foot or so away was a fire escape as we were a few floors up. The rain was coming down hard, but I knew we needed to get out of here.

Instantly, I heard the word “PERSICUTION”. Fear swept across me as I realize we were in grave danger. Then I heard a most frightening sound. In the midst of the thunder I began hearing a popping sound, the sounds of gun fire. One… than another, than many more. It was an execution. At that moment I woke up, frightened as if I had just taken a peak into what is soon to come.
I hope and pray that this was all just a bad dream and nothing more, but as I had said, I never usually dream, and when I do, I never dream of such things. May God have mercy on us, as I sense that this is certainly coming to us sooner that we thing.
God Bless

-Jim Fifth (Pa, USA)