You will be eternally grateful for what that suffering has purchased for you

When I say that your reward will be great in heaven, do not imagine that I am being trite…

Matthew 5:11-12 “Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”


“My beloved, do not imagine that the journey of my faithful ones is so different from the journey of their Lord. On the contrary, I AM the way and all paths lead through the cross. Remember, my children, that each cross is tailored to the soul. Each is unique, as unique as the soul that bears it. The only similarity in all crosses is that I am with you all in your passion. You need only turn to me and all the strength I had in my passion will be made available to you. This is especially true when one is being persecuted for my sake. Would I abandon that poor soul? 
Would not the Father see me when he looks at him? When I say that your reward will be great in heaven, do not imagine that I am being trite. Those who suffer on my behalf will be eternally grateful for what that suffering has purchased for them. Indeed, it will seem a far greater reward than the soul feels he deserved for it. In comparison, the trial will seem a small thing—even a large trial. 
My children, you cannot possibly imagine with what magnanimity your infinitely generous God can act. Be therefore consoled. All that happens in this life is as a passing shadow, over in the blink of an eye. Endure all with faith, fortitude, and great trust. I am with you through it all. Shalom.”
O my Jesus, help me not to get caught up in my daily trials, big or small, but help me to link all trials to the cross so that I may in some way participate in your redemptive act. O Jesus, in your mercy, give me grace, faith, fortitude and ever-greater trust, that I might endure all trials with great love for your glory. I love you Jesus! Amen.