These short prayers help focus your day on God


Aleteia- One of the most basic Christian practices that has roots in scripture is praying three times a day. For example, David in the Psalms cries out, “Evening and morning and at noon I utter my complaint and moan, and he will hear my voice” (Psalm 55:17). For many centuries Jews maintained this tradition and the early Christians quickly adopted it, eventually developing it into the “Liturgy of the Hours.”

Nevertheless, this basic spiritual practice is very powerful and simple to maintain. All it requires is to pause in prayer three times: once in the morning, once in the afternoon and a final time before bed.
To help you form this habit, here are three simple prayers from the treasury of Catholic tradition that many have prayed over the years.
Morning
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world. I offer them for all the intentions of Your Sacred Heart: the salvation of souls, reparation for sin, and the reunion of all Christians. I offer them for the intentions of our bishops and of all Apostles of Prayer, and in particular for those recommended by our Holy Father this month.
Afternoon
Before you begin your work, say, “All for you O Lord; O my Jesus, all for you!”
Another brief prayer to say is the “Jesus Prayer.”
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner
Evening
Lord, since you have ordained the day to labor, and the night to rest; as I praise you for the blessings of this day, so I implore your protection for this night to come. Let the eyes of your providence watch over me, and your holy angels set their guard about me; that, being safely delivered from all dangers, and healthily refreshed with moderate sleep, I may the better be enabled to perform the employments of my calling and state of life, and faithfully persevere in the discharge of the duties of your service; and so daily advance to new victories over my passions, and to a more perfect observance of your commandments; till, having passed my days, I may end them in your favor, and rejoice with you for ever in your heavenly kingdom.