The experience of one's own mistakes

We know well the reality of the words of St. Augustine: "There is no sin or crime committed by another man that I am not capable of committing by reason of my frailty; and if I have not yet committed it, it is because God, in his mercy, has not permitted it and has preserved me from evil."


Only he who is aware of this weakness will not trust in himself and will seek strength in the Lord, in daily prayer, in the spirit of mortification, in the firmness of spiritual direction. In this way, our own frailties will serve to strengthen our perseverance, for they will make us more humble and increase our trust in divine mercy. We know well the reality of St. Augustine's words: "There is no sin or crime committed by another man that I am not capable of committing because of my frailty; and if I have not yet committed it, it is because God, in his mercy, has not allowed it and has preserved me from evil.


The experience of one's own mistakes makes present the unstable nature of our personal dispositions and the reality of human frailty: "Many temptations, many stumbling blocks come to those who want to act according to God". Grace and good desires do not completely eradicate the relics of sin, which push us to evil. This very knowledge will have many consequences in our life. First of all, it will lead us to seek strength outside ourselves, in the Lord. "When you desired power by your own strength, God has made you weak, to give you his own power, because you are nothing but weakness."


https://www.hablarcondios.org/meditaciondiaria.aspx