Francis: FIVE Interviews and NO Rupnik
In the context of the tenth anniversary of his tenure, Francis has produced a flood of repetitive self-promotional interviews. IlSismografo (March12) asks questions.
• The questions and the answers given by Francis, including his in-flight interviews, are déjà vu.
• There are rarely difficult questions so that Francis has “systematically glossed over many relevant issues.”
• In five recent interviews, Francis was never asked a question about the case of Father Rupnik who was “excommunicated for 14 days” for absolving one of his mistresses in confession.
• “This excommunication was quickly lifted by Francis,” IlSismografo knows.
• IlSismografo asks, “Why were the interviewers silent on this matter in their conversations with Francis?”