(2) “My daughter, such is the love with which I love souls, that as soon as the soul decides to give herself to Me, I surround her with abundant grace, I caress her, I move her, I make her recollected, I endow her with sensible graces, with fervors, with inspirations, with needs of the heart; and then the soul, seeing herself so favored, begins to love Me, makes as it were a store of prayers in her heart, of pious practices, and decides to exercise herself in virtues. All this forms a flowery meadow in the soul, but my Love is not content with flowers alone, but wants fruits; and so it begins to make the flowers fall—that is, it strips her of sensible love, of fervor, and of everything else, to make the fruits be born.
If the soul is faithful, continues her pious practices, her virtues, takes no pleasure in any other human thing, thinks not of herself but only of Me, trusts in Me, with this she will give flavor to the fruits; with fidelity she will ripen the fruits, and with her courage, tolerance, and tranquility she will make them grow and they will be abundant fruits. And I, the Celestial Farmer, will harvest these fruits and make of them my nourishment, and I will plant another garden, more beautiful and more flowery, in which heroic fruits will be born that will tear unheard-of graces from my heart. But if she is unfaithful, distrustful, gets agitated, takes pleasure in human things, etc., the fruits will be harsh, tasteless, bitter, dirty, and will serve to embitter Me and make Me withdraw from the soul.”
Book of Heaven, L Piccarreta
