12 Inspiring Quotes from St Therese of Lisieux

 

1. Miss no single opportunity of making some small sacrifice, here by a smiling look, there by a kindly word; always doing the smallest right and doing it all for love.
2. If every flower wanted to be a rose, nature would lose her springtime beauty.
3. Holiness consists simply in doing God’s will, and being just what God wants us to be.
4. For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy.
5. Without love, deeds, even the most brilliant, count as nothing.
6. The world’s thy ship and not thy home.
7. A word or a smile is often enough to put fresh life in a despondent soul.
8. Do you realise that Jesus is there in the tabernacle expressly for you – for you alone? He burns with the desire to come into your heart… Don’t listen to the demon, laugh at him, and go without fear to receive the Jesus of peace and love.
9. Remember that nothing is small in the eyes of God. Do all that you do with love.
10. If I did not simply live from one moment to another, it would be impossible for me to be patient; but I only look at the present, I forget the past, and I take good care not to forestall the future.
11. I can nourish myself on nothing but truth.
12. The good God does not need years to accomplish His work of love in a soul; one ray from His Heart can, in an instant, make His flower bloom for eternity.